KTM is a company which requires no introduction for motorcycle fans from all over the world. Over the past 10 years, they have gone from being a small company with relatively limited options for street bikes to producing top-of-the-class V-twins using the most recent technology available. Their new model for 2016, the KTM Super Duke R is nothing short of spectacular either.
It’s a new street model, designed to be a little more customer-oriented, with a larger passenger seat while maintaining the classic handlebar. This would be a great improvement on its own, but KTM had a lot more things planned for its fans. The highly versatile motorcycle can boast with great technical details, such as a LC8 V-Twin engine with dual ignition and electronic fuel injection. The gearbox is a classic one for these types of bikes, having 6 gears and a slipper clutch.
Moving along from the engine, the rest of the highlights of the bike are:
– Extremely good Motorcycle Stability Control (MSC) with combined ABS
– WP suspension which is semi-active and electronically-adjustable
– Quickshifter in order to avoid the clutch when shifting upwards
– Standard equipment includes electronic cruise control
– LED lights and integrated cancelling turn signals
– Hill hold control (HHC) and engine drag torque control (MSR) as optional
– Ultra-light frame made of chrome-molybdenum steel
– Windshield is height-adjustable for great comfort
– Grips heated for easy riding during the winter
Of course, the technical specifications listed above are just the highlights of the new model, to give you a taste about what you can expect from KTM. The motorcycle is outstanding from a mechanical and technical point of view, but the final customer must be sure that he can control all the horsepower that it can produce. The price tag wasn’t announced by KTM at all, but we can bet it won’t be cheap. Keep your eyes on any further developments to see more details about price, shipping and new surprises.