The BMW S 1000 RR is back and incredible, it is even better and faster. First offered in 2009, the bike has remained relatively unchanged in 2016 and for good reason: it was amazing. Major updates on the S 1000 RR were in 2015.
Some of the updates on the 2015 model included engine upgrades, chassis redesign, weight reduction and electronic upgrades. The 2015 upgraded engine had the torque of 83 ft/lbs at 10,500 rpm with 199 horsepower at 13,500 rpm. The geometry of the chassis was redesigned, making for better handling. The weight was reduced to 450 pounds, shedding almost nine pounds. In electronics, some of the upgrades included Race ABS and ASC/ traction control coming as standard and electronic DDC (Dynamic Damping Control) suspension being a factory option.
Listed below are 7 facts about the 2017 model- BMW S 1000 RR
1. The 2017 BMW S 1000 RR has been adopted to meet EU4 requirements.
2. DTC (Dynamic Traction Control) has been incorporated as standard.
3. Single seat with a passenger seat cover model now comes as standard. Optional, free of charge passenger package is also available.
4. Blackstorm or Granite Grey metallic offered as a new color variant.
5. New design of established color concepts like BMW Motosport Light White and Racing Red non-metallic as well as Lupine Blue Metallic.
6. Now offered as standard are Design Option Wheels which come with rim lines red in color under the BMW Motorsport, Racing Red and Light White non-metallic color concepts.
7. Introduction of an ABS Pro element under Riding Modes Pro, which is optional.
The 2017 model raises the bar even higher. In a nutshell, the 2017 BMW S 1000 RR is even faster, more powerful, lighter and handles batter than earlier models. With even more power, style and a better riding experience than before, it is a seriously amazing bike.